Welcome to the Smoky Hill Model Flying Club's Website.
The Smoky Hill Model Flying Field is located just outside the city of Salina, Kansas approximately 1/2 mile east of the junction of Ohio and Schilling Road. The public is invited to watch members fly and there are bleachers for spectator comfort. Members also have the benefit of using the shaded picnic shelter for multiple uses. Our flying field is buffalo grass turf. The main runway is over 800 feet in length, from north to south. Our club's annual membership dues are reduced for students interested in flying and our standard memberships are reasonably priced for adults. We also offer a reduced introductory rate for new members. Click the Join button to the left side of this page for further details.
Congratulations to the 2016 Club Officers
President: Kevin Schafer
Vice President: Andrew Smith
Secretary: Georgia Schafer
Treasurer: Al Reynolds
Safety Coordinator: Bill Burrows
Thanks to the 2015 Volunteers
Field Maintenance Manager: Bill Basgall
Mowing Coordinator: Bill Burrows
Irrigation Coordinator: Al Reynolds
Mower Maintenance: Perry Crowell
The Smoky Hill R/C Flying Club, Inc. was formed to:
- Encourage and promote safe design, construction, and operation of radio control aircraft.
- Provide local, regional, and national representation of giant scale and miniature R/C flyers.
- Provide for and regulate contests, events and exhibitions for radio control aircraft.
- Promote and practice a perpetual ground and flying safety program.
- Provide a safe radio control miniature aircraft flying site.
© Copyright 2011 Smoky Hill R/C Flying Club, Inc.